The Gate Valve is used when the need exist for a device that allows an interruption or cut off the flow of a fluid.
Is not recommendable to use Gate Valves for flow modulation as the high velocity of the through may result in erosive damage to the wedge and seats when the valve is partially opened. Under normal operating conditions, the valve should remain either fully open or fully closed. Installation of a Gate Valve is independent of the flow direction.
- Gate valves designed in accordance with API-600, solid or parallel slide wedge/disc.
- Gate valves option in accordance with API-603 only for stainless steel & nickel alloys.
- Standard manufacturing wedge from 2” to 4” solid wedge design; 5” and up flexible wedge.
- Gate and Globe valves for Cryogenic service with gas column in accordance with BS-6364 upon request.
- Flange dimensions in accordance with ASME B16.5 for valves up to 24” nominal diameter.
- Hand-wheel, impact Hand-wheel, Chain-wheel, Gear operation, Electric, Pneumatic or Hydraulic Actuation as per customer requirements.
- By-Pass, Lantern rings, grease injectors, special connections, etc. Low fugitive emissions control.
- NACE Service either MR-01-75 or MR-01-03. Test in accordance with API-598.